[thelist] Geocities & cookies in email (WTF)

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Sun Jul 2 08:50:30 CDT 2000

IT sounds as though they are taking the DoubleClick approach, and requesting
an image in the html from their server.  The request is actually dynamic,
and sets a cookie when it returns the image.  Normally this is done so that
if you were to visit one of the links, they would know you were responding
to the email, or the ability to capture that you can read HTML mail, or
both.

I know of no way to turn it off.

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com