[thelist] Geocities & cookies in email (WTF)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 2 12:18:23 CDT 2000

whenever i get HTML mail to my Outlook boxen, i open it off-line...

the last thing i want is for some me-specific ID to be passed back to the server so they know i
can read HTML mail, especially since i *never* request HTML mail from anybody, and do
everything i can to bozo filter it...

so, no you can't beat it unless you open it off-line... hell, at work i've been to take my machine
off the network for a few minutes... after all, some luser could have stuffed some virus script
into one of them, and Outlook is only too happy to run it...