[thelist] centering (was: Whitey Must Pay)

Czechowski, Aaron aczechowski at towson.edu
Wed Jul 5 12:33:16 CDT 2000

	i'll probably get flamed for this, but i personally think a centered
table, for example, is a much more attractive way to make pages look good on
various resolutions than pulling hair out with liquidity (though I DO love
that word, say it with me, liquidity.... mmm-good!).  set a master table at
600px, wrap it in a <center> or div aligned center (which is proper?) and go
to town.
	now if you're talking purely centered text, as the designer of
paywhitey has done, that's a bit different.  Don't just wrap your text in a
<center> tag - cause then you get some nasty line breaks - use that <BR>!
maybe even some &nbsp; for good measure!
	In short, if done well, <center> can be sexy.

aaron  :)