[thelist] metric conversion

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Thu Jul 6 15:43:18 CDT 2000

> the globe, canada's "national" newspaper, does this all the time,
> substituting a metric unit for imperial (and isn't there some irony in
that
> name, eh? seems only the americans are holding on to the imperial
> system...)

Am I right in remembering that this is why the Mars probe crashed into the
planets surface because the landing program was done in Canada & there was a
confusion over feet & meters?

<tip type = "lame" author = "kev.skindrill">
When leaving your computer for a few days, e.g. on holiday, don't forget to
un-subscribe from all your e-mail lists. I didn't & came back to nearly 500
e-mails after a 3 day break :(
</tip>