[thelist] CSS tip

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Thu Jul 6 16:28:06 CDT 2000

I didn't like my last post.  Please pretend I didn't send.  If you
can't say anything nice...

<tip type=CSS1>
you can use an image to replace the browser default list dot:

ul {list-style-image: url(images/foo.gif)}

If the browser can't find the image it will replace with the default
dot or what you specify, so you can write it like this:

ul {list-style-type:square; list-style-image: url(images/foo.gif)}

Netscape 4 won't do the image, but I think it will do the "type."  I
don't know about Win IE4/5 but I suspect it can see the image.

</tip>
erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com