[thelist] .gif text

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 7 08:44:10 CDT 2000

>How is it
> possible to use any kind of special font if it's not in an image

This may come from my naivety about web stuff, but I don't see why it isn't
possible to upload a font with your page so that you are not restricted to
the "web Friendly" fonts. Would this method really be any different to
uploading an image? You could just have the font in its own file with a bit
of HTML to guide the browser in the right direction, e.g.

After all, when you submit a job on disk to a printer all the fonts must be
included otherwise it can't be output correctly. Is this a good idea or am I
just (heaven forbid!) wishing for an easy life :)

kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
www.skindrill.freeserve.co.uk