[thelist] webapp logic

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Fri Jul 7 17:19:03 CDT 2000

> On 6 Jul 2000, at 15:25, Czechowski, Aaron wrote: ...The initial page
> would have a form (or something) which would submit to ITSELF,
> which would process the data and output it. All internal to one
> page or so. ...

All my little apps have one 'install' file, one 'uninstall' file, and
one 'admin' file.  The admin file has anywhere from 7 to 20 different
forms/processes in it depending on the app.  Some kind soul once told
me about the switch/case tag in CF and I was never the same.  It
makes templating admin files and copying basic queries/displays for a
given table/app easier.  Mostly for me it just makes keeping track of
things easier, since I have one file instead of a whole slew of 'em.
The IF statements are really not complicated in CF.  Not if I can do
'em anyway. ;-)

Palyne

--------
Palyne Gaenir