site review (www.mouthfullofliquor.com) WAS: [thelist] A Tip for all the help I hav egotten

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Fri Jul 7 17:47:35 CDT 2000

Hi Greg,

Cute Site.  Love the slogan.  The Jonathan Swift quote in the header sets
the tone right out of the gate. :) (I just realized the quote changes on
reload - nice touch.)

I found the dark text on the dark background difficult to read.  More
contrast, puhleeze!  I really like the 3-column layout.  It's different, and
the larger headers make browsing the content quick and easy.  But shouldn't
they be links to the full pages?

Inconsistent design throughout the site, but it seems like "eclectic" is
what you're going for anyway...

Ok, one last criticism..  The javascript is a little more cumbersome than it
needs to be. Can you do the quote thing server-side?  Or maybe just pick one
really good quote and stick with it?  My concern is that all that is going
to compound your load time, and it's really not necessary for the site to be
successful.  Also, the little javascript time/date thing at the top of the
page can go.  I have a clock in my task bar, and I already know what day it
is. :)

Brighten up that text, add more content, trim the fat on that JavaScript,
and I say you're all set..

Best wishes,

Seth