[thelist] Cropping images rather thn "squishing" them

Gina K. Anderson ginakra at one.net
Sat Jul 8 19:53:10 CDT 2000

Greg,

Here's a few free thumbnail generators that might help since
you are in a pinch. I haven't used any of them so there
might be better ones elsewhere but you might find them
helpful for now--beware the wraps:

Windows
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,0013H9,.html
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,00192G,.html

Mac
http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.
html?fcode=MC10501&b=mac
http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.
html?fcode=MC18495&b=mac

Just a suggestion, I hope this helps,
Gina

|Greg Strange wrote:
|
|> Well, this is a case of getting frustrated with
|layout and getting worried
|> about impending deadline and generally flipping
|out because I thought about
|> how much time it was going to take to crop
|everything in Photoshop.
|>
|> I am trying to do a bunch of thumbnails for a
|storyboard.  Some pictures are
|> oriented landscape and others portrait.  I
|wanted to just shrink the
|> landscape ones a little to fit onto the page.  I
|had remembered someone on
|> the list talking about how height tags were not
|a good idea and after
|> someone pointed out that tip for images, I
|realised that the caveat was said
|> in reference to tables.  Of course, this seems
|so ridiculously obvious now.
|>
|> I had looked at doing layers in the browser to
|cover part of the pics but
|> quickly realised I was going to spend a lot of
|time on something that was
|> going to be hit-or-miss t best.
|>
|> I apologise for taking up everyone's time.
|>
|> Greg Strange
|
|Cheers,
|--