[thelist] Cropping images rather thn "squishing" them

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sun Jul 9 08:02:03 CDT 2000

Greg Strange wrote on 8/7/00 11:02 pm

>Well, this is a case of getting frustrated with layout and getting worried
>about impending deadline and generally flipping out because I thought about
>how much time it was going to take to crop everything in Photoshop.

ImageReady and PhotoShop have automated actions, and even better can be
saved as droplets - wee applications which you can drag and drop whole
folders of images onto. I get my pics developed onto Kodak Picture CD
<digression type='rant at clueless Kodak'>
Why the **** do Kodak insist on the promo materials that the
CD is only readable on PCs? It's in standard format and the
images are ****ing JPEGs! I had zero trouble on my Mac...
</digression>
and just drag and drop the whole lot onto a droplet which tweaks
up the sharpness, contrast, gamma and colour balance and
resizes them to a suitable web-friendly size before exporting
them back out as JPEGs. Take a look at
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/pics/maldives/
for an example

Cheers