[thelist] Multiple Domain Names - Same Website

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Sun Jul 9 12:06:46 CDT 2000

(All names are hypothetical.)

I have a website.

I have a domain name pointing to that website: call it MortimerSnerd.com.

Now, I have registered a couple variations of the domain name (MSnerd.com,
MortamerSnerd.com, MortimurSnerd.com, MortimerSnyrd.com, etc.)

I want to have all of these domain names go to the same website as the
original domain name.

And, I want for BobJones at MortinerSnerd.com, BobJones at MSnerd.com,
BobJones at MortamerSnerd.com, etc., to all go to the same POP3 mailbox.

I'd like someone to explain in simple terms (a) what the options are for
achieving this and (b) why this seems to be so difficult for some of the
webhosts I talk to.

James S. Huggins