[thelist] Applet's in Frames are Re-initializing...

Peter Barrett peterb at corel.com
Mon Jul 10 11:26:18 CDT 2000

Hi,

    I'm trying to use an applet to maintain state info.

    My problem is that it keeps re-instantiating when I leave and then
return to the page (under both NN and IE). The trouble seems to be that
the applet lives inside a frame,  as when I tested it without the
frameset, it behaved normally [ie. init() was called only once, and
start()/stop() are called when entering/leaving the page].
    The original applet is not destroyed when the applet is in a frame,
but a new copy is created  instead (java consol reports the applet count
continues to increment on each load).

    If anyone has dealt with this problem before, or has any
suggestions, I'd be very grateful for some help.

Cheers!
Pete Barrett