[thelist] Whatever Happened to Fast Loading Pages?

Villano, Paul VillanoP at usachcs-emh1.army.mil
Mon Jul 10 12:55:32 CDT 2000

This is something of a rant, so forgive me.  Grin.  My web connection is
having some sort of seizure today, so slow-loading pages from hell are
taking even longer...much, much longer to load.  I've searched in vain on
every one for a TEXT ONLY page...to no avail.  "Where are the links of
yesteryear?"  Didn't we all agree when we were sitting on the cyber-porch
with our feet up on the railings, sipping our cyber-lemonade (what WAS that
you added to yours, anyway?!) that we'd make fast-loading, light graphics
pages for the masses and text pages for the disabled?  So where are they?!
Every page is crammed with tons and tons of graphics that take forever to
load.  SIGH.  What part of the meeting did I miss?

Growl.  Grumble.

"Today is the fuel that powers your tomorrows!"
- Paul Villano, US Army Chaplain Center and School ."For God and Country!"
villanop at usachcs-emh1.army.mil