FWD: [thelist] site critique - www.antiqueref.com Suggestion:

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Mon Jul 10 15:37:24 CDT 2000

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:57:29 -0700
From: Kathy & Arkley <arkley at pacbell.net>
Subject: Re:  site critique - www.antiqueref.com  Suggestion:
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org

------=_NextPart_000_006C_01BFEA6E.67CF3C40

<just released http://www.antiqueref.com/ which is a online bookstore =
for...>

Hi,  I am new and not really skilled in any of this but I do have a =
suggestion to make.  After watching my 85 year old mother surf the net I
=
have noticed that she has an awful time controlling the mouse arrow.  =
Her hands shake and her vision isn't that good.  On your site you have =
small back and forward arrows and your text for the books is very close
=
together.  My mother would have a very hard time hitting these targets.
=
She would get frustraited and give up and leave the site.   If the area
=
of contact was larger for the arrows and such it would make it much =
easier for the elderly to use.  As your target audience are those with =
money and time to do antique hunting, you need to consider this age =
group.  I also agree that a medium size thumbnail picture would be =
easier and more attracting to someone with aging eyes.  I hope my =
comments are not out of line.  I am a first time poster to this group.
Kathy Busby