[thelist] Percentage values in <TABLE> and <TD> tags?

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Mon Jul 10 17:29:54 CDT 2000

I agree with aardvark.  You need quotes.  But beyond that, this was
the very subject of an exchange I had on Evolt & with iCab programmer
Alexander Clauss, as iCab frowns on TD's set in percentages.

According to Clauss, TD width as a percentage was not "okay" until a
second revision of HTML4.01. (I'm not much of a DTD reader, myself.)

But, unlike iCab, the W3C validator has not had a problem with my
using percentages in TD's. (HTML4 loose).

But I have always quoted percentages.  And now I quote all
attributes. It doesn't hurt and it's forward-looking. XHTML requires
it.

use quotes.

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com