[thelist] starting a website - now finding colors

Theodore Serbinski need-4-speed-ski at erols.com
Mon Jul 10 18:09:27 CDT 2000

I would like to thank everyone for all the replies and such. Seems like I
better break out the pencil/paper like I originally thought, although ealier
I thought that was a little 'too easy' to do :)

In addition to the color problem a while back I was working on a solution to
this. The result was colorfind:
www.geocities.com/tserbinski

The thing is, I never finished it. I did manage to rewrite the code, make it
more robust and did come up with more features. But after using html-kit for
a while, I noticed the color utility in it offered almost everything I had
and more.

So than it struck me there isn't a real good reason why I should continue
with the project except for the "preview" mode I came up with. How it worked
was after you chose colors it would apply them to a mock website so you
could see how they worked.

I am now thinking of getting scrapping my colorfind in all, rewriting it
again, and creating just an "active preview site" where you can see colors
applied to a site and see the site change as you tweak colors.

Would anyone find this utility useful if I were to do this? If so I would
start work on it again very soon if I can find some support for it. Also if
you want to contact me offline for more specs on the files I don't have on
the server (yes I know it is geocities and yes i have plans to move it to a
"real server") feel free to use my email: motionblur at bigfoot.com or ICQ#:
13507724 or AIM: sitzmark24.

thanks

-ted