Fwd: [thelist] Netscape positioning help

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Tue Jul 11 10:54:48 CDT 2000

Kevin,

> There is a trade-off involved, but part of what I was doing is trying to
> figure out what works and what doesn't. The page will validate as XHTML
1.0
> now, but I am stuck with blue borders around the images that have links.
> Unless someone has a bright idea on how to get rid of them without making
> Netscape put the images all in the upper left corner? Any takers one that
one?

	You should be able to use the border="0" attribute within your img
element and still validate using the transitional (or loose) dtd. AFAIK,
XHTML does not restrict the use of the border attribute. If you want to
validate to the strict dtd, of course, you'll have to use a style sheet
declaration to set the border to none. And in my testing, Netscape 4.x
doesn't respect the CSS border attribute applied to an image, which defeats
what you're trying to do.

hth,
James Aylard
jaylard at equilon.com