[thelist] Ok, I need input on a web site using a G3 Mac..

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 11 13:41:42 CDT 2000

> From: "Mark Van Baale" <mark at geonetric.com>
>
> Hello. I would really appreciate input on some issues we are having
> for a client on their web site: www.tkroofing.com/home.html
>
> First, in IE on a G3 processor Mac, when you mouseover the Why T&K?
> button on the left, a popup menu shows up. The menu supposedly is
> positioned lower on the screen. It should line up with the Emergency
> button link, but it does not. The client mentioned also that the menu
> has a transparent look to it and you cannot use any of the links when
> you mouseover the links.

what version of IE?  and i would think the MacOS version would
matter more than the processor, so why are you citing the
processor?  and what system/browser is your client using?

> Second, in Netscape on a G3 Mac, the pop-up menu that is supposed to
> only come up when you mouseover the Why T&K? button on the left shows
> up and stays up. It should not load in when the page loads.

what version of NN?

> Third, when you mouseover the red Home image on the left, it changes
> to the red E-mail image. Also, when you mouseover the E-Mail and Map
> images, no graphic comes up.

i'd check your image names... make sure your references are
messed up...

> All of these problems have us perplexed since on our PC's, everything
> works out great and looks good. Please let us know what you find out
> for these problems and any advice you can give to correct the problems
> would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

on your PCs using which OS/browser config?

> P.S. The specs for our client's Mac that is having these problems is a
> G3 processor Mac with a 17" Monitor and 800x600 resolution.

what browsers and versions?  and so you know, the monitor *size*
doesn't matter... the res may...