[thelist] Help w/SQL Modify Table

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Tue Jul 11 21:02:04 CDT 2000

Hi Evoltians,

I know this is SO basic, but amazingly enough, I've never had to do
it, maybe because I've only been doing CFML for about 1.5 years.  I
need to modify one of my tables -- add a column.  I'm searching
Forta's book, my SQL book, and zillions of online tutorials.  There
are a million versions of how to create a table, but I can't find an
example of how to MODIFY one (in SQL Server).  I have lots of data in
the table and I don't want to lose it.  I don't want to make a new
table, call it into the new table, delete the old table, remake the
old table right, call the data back in... I am super-pressed on a
deadline that hits early tomorrow morning, have tons of work, and I
am just flat out of time for finding this.  I am hoping that someone
on this list will have mercy and just give me the code?  I promise to
dredge up some useful tips as soon as this deadline passes.

Best regards,
Palyne