[thelist] Re: Request from hans van bommel

rudy limeback r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jul 12 09:41:50 CDT 2000

the subject of privacy comes up once in a while, so i thought some of you
might be interested in this example

it's a site that specifically wants to have your birthday, and the
birthdays of your family and friends and acquaintances

in return for which it will remind you of their birthdays (i know some
husbands and salespeople who would use this feature)

and remind your family and friends and acquaintances of your birthday

with ads, presumably

[ not a bad idea, i guess, but i for one wouldn't bank my venture capital
on this internet business model taking off ]

anyhow, the terms of service are kind of neat (i wonder how many suckers, i
mean, members will find them, let alone read them) because it does seem
like you basically give jippy your birthday

finally, i guess i should say i don't know if this is true spam, because
it's possible i might have been targetted, i have a web page which is a
calendar resource list (annotated list of links to calendar sites)

which sort of explains why i bothered to check it out

but no, i never heard of no hans van bommel

rudy.limeback
r937.com
evolt.org