[thelist] Hidden Fields

kev.skindrill kev.skindrill at bigfoot.com
Wed Jul 12 16:53:10 CDT 2000

> make any sense at all?

 Yeah (kind of). I understand now how it works but I can't see why I would
want to use it.

>You could use them where you have a multi-page form and
>in cases where you might be bringing information with you into the form
page

This makes sense, but surely if you have fields in a form, you want to use
the information from whatever the user has input. This is what I don't
understand.

>(e.g. if I have a directory with multiple topics, and an "Add your Site"
>link at the bottom of each, a hidden field might carry the topic the data
>should be entered into).

So, tell me if I have this right. If you clicked on a link, say "Music", you
would use a hidden field to hold the value "Music" so that any further
interaction with the page, e.g. they had to fill out a form, you would know
it came from the "Music" page. Correct?