[thelist] [OT] Word 2000

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 12 22:21:34 CDT 2000

Word2k is bloatware... flush with features your average user never uses... confusing UI, silly
app...

i'd recommend you dump Word2k and teach her WordPad... comes with win95, does text
formatting and the like... it's like using Word2, the last useful version they made...

i think your mum will find it easier, and you can support it over the phone without having to see
the GUI from hell...

[snip]
> my assistance. I am attempting to drag my mum
> kicking & screaming into the
> 21st century by trying to convince her that she
> would be much better off
> using Word 2000 to type her many letters (she
> does a lot of work for
[snip]