[thelist] CSS and alignment in tables

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 13 16:51:29 CDT 2000

Palyne Gaenir wrote on 13/7/00 6:16 pm

>Good tip -- I comment code massively -- but it also tends to slow
>down load, which is already slower in a dynamic system than a static
>one.
What I've done before is have a dev version which is totally commented
and a staging/production version which has them stripped out.

In CF, CF comments are stripped by the app server before they get to
the webserver.

>(Side note: someone recently told me that the difference between
>two versions of the same page, one static and dynamic, was much more
>pronounced for them in download time when they switched to home.com
>cable access rather than dialup. I don't know why... I just repeat.)
Could be because with cable, you're exposing the performance of the
server more, whereas with dialup, the small difference is just
noise compared with the slowness of PPP over POTS.

Cheers
Martin