[thelist] Link Counter (not page counter)

ChezDawn at aol.com ChezDawn at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 19:07:07 CDT 2000

Hello - new to the list and could use some help.  Does anyone know a good way
to track link "hits". (line of html code, cgi, javascript??)  I understand
how to get page hits but I link to external sites off our intranet site and
would like to be able to track if our employees are accessing these sites
without having the site link to a page that counts the hit and then they
click to the external link.  I am really new to this, and appreciate all
suggestions.  I have learned much from this group already!

Dawn