[thelist] Link Counter (not page counter)

Greg Strange gstrange at e-tsi.com
Thu Jul 13 20:29:38 CDT 2000

on 7/13/00 7:31 PM, ChezDawn at aol.com at ChezDawn at aol.com wrote:

> I think you misunderstood...this is a link off our intranet site to external
> link (example fidelity investments) - this has been requested to see if our
> home page is providing useful links to our ee's or if they are not paying
> attn to these at all.  It is not to monitor their use

I remember seeing a free CGI somewhere (maybe Matt's Archive, don't kill me)
that was basically a CGI redirect so that each link was

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi?www.thedomainyouwanttogoto.co

instead of just www.thedomainyouwanttogoto.com.  It made a logfile on the
server in the directory of your choice.  I remember a site I used to work
on, macradio.net, used this.  It's still around if you want to check out
it's functionality.

Hope I'm helping.

Greg Strange