[thelist] urgent advice/help please

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Thu Jul 13 23:17:31 CDT 2000

At 11:10 14/07/00 +1000, you wrote:

>I have a CD of data which now shows up as audio and I am unable
>to retrieve the data which is very important and has been requested by our

bizarre problem, can you not see *any* files on the disc - not even
1k  ".cda" files?

are you reading it in a regular cdrom drive, or the cd writer?  whichever
you're using, try the other (if the disc wasn't closed, the writer might be
the only thing that can read it successfully).

it's a cd, so obviously the data can't change (unless you're using a
cd-writer as a reader..).  perhaps your OS drivers have gotten stuffed
along the line. try using the cd in another machine, if available.

and my last suggestion: if it's insisting it is audio, you could try
"ripping" it using something like Audiograbber (for free at
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/)

good luck.

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz