[thelist] MS Word & hyperlinks

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jul 14 00:14:34 CDT 2000

Erika Meyer wrote:

> Using my Mac, the only MS application I use with any regularity
> (beside IE) is MS Word.  It gives me no end to misery.
>
> 1. My current problem: I'm trying to build a resume with links to my
> web sites.  But I don't want the links UNDERLINED or BLUE.  & cannot
> for the life of me figure out how to stop this from happening.

On the Winblows side you can 'right' mouse click on the hyperlink, select Hyperlink
from the popup menu and then select Remove Hyperlink from the secondary menu. As to
stopping Word from auto Adding Hyperlinks:

>From the MS Help file (winblows):

Turn on or off automatic formatting of hyperlinks

  On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type
tab.
  Under Replace as you type, select or clear the Internet and network paths with
hyperlinks check box.

> 2. Can anyone recommend a decent word processing program for Mac?
> One which is simple to use yet gives the user a high degree of
> control?

BBEdit??? LOL

--
Anthony Baratta