[thelist] url variables

Adam Patrick apatrick at oracular.com
Fri Jul 14 12:55:22 CDT 2000

> in CF, is it best to use "url.variable"?  I've found that I can use just
> "variable" and it works ok - will this blow up in my face later?

depends.  in some cases I like to have the option to send data to a page
through a URL *or* a Form.  On the other hand you might want to restrict
the data to the URL or the Form.  In general, scope it when you can as
it will shave off a little execution time and generally help things to
go a little more smothly and help you write tighter apps