[thelist] url variables

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Fri Jul 14 13:37:15 CDT 2000

Hi Aaron,

When CF has to determine the scope of a variable you are calling, it adds
just a smidgen of processing overhead.

It's good coding practice to always scope your variables, for logic reasons
as well .  I did a presentation on scoping variables in ColdFusion at last
months'  Dallas ColdFusion User Group meeting.

I put the presentation outline on line for you if you care to look at it:

MS Word
http://sethbienek.com/dfwcfug/scoping.doc

HTML (Straght from Word, don't blame me) :)
http://sethbienek.com/dfwcfug/scoping.htm

Hope this sheds some light on scoping for you.

Seth

Seth Bienek
Independent ColdFusion Developer