[thelist] url variables

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Sat Jul 15 00:13:35 CDT 2000

This was already answered well.  But I thought I'd mention, the
problem I had with this previously is, personally I would rather pass
everything through form values.  I make lists with tiny form buttons
next to them that say "read" instead of making the link on the title,
I'm that determined.  But clients said, "we want every page to be
bookmarkable."  Well in a fully dynamic site that means every page
has to pass url variables. And they can't bookmark the page if the
values I was passing through form aren't in the URL.  So then I had
to put them in the url.  But I had scoped all the darn pages to form.
Well I think this was a live and learn -- I am still fairly new at
this -- I should have done those endless urls to begin with instead
of using form buttons.  I'm not sure if this was of value to bore you
with but I thought I'd mention the 'want it bookmarkable' thing in
case.

Palyne