[thelist] javascript and SSI

George Dillon george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 15 05:53:27 CDT 2000

Jamie

Sorry I'm on the digest or I'd have replied sooner ;)

I discovered SSI myself about 2 months ago, after being told on this
list 3 or 4 times it was the answer to my questions.  When I actually
looked into it I found it was easy and incredibly useful... in fact I
loved it so much I wrote an article (partly to ram it home in my own
brain) - a sort of beginners's guide to SSI and XSSI - which touches
on these two issues, i.e. how to load browser specific stylesheets and
how to pass variables between JS and SSI (SSI to JS is easy, the other
way is possible but not pretty and requires a reload and for your
purposes ot necessary)... the 'space' in this URL is, of course, an
underline, but have a look at:

http://www.georgedillon.com/web/101_ssi.shtml

I intend to expand, adapt and submit this article to evolt, so any
other evoltian feedback on it (like, I'm no guru so tell me if/when
I'm wrong!) would be welcome.

HTH

George

PS  Digest!  Please cc replies to me: george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk