[thelist] site price help

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Mon Jul 17 12:39:44 CDT 2000

Theodore

|What they wanted was basically an online catalogue
|of the photos they have (600+ in categories, 400+
|more) but since the images were grouped in sets,
|they only wanted to show one image in the set.

Erm, I'm not sure I know exactly what they want, but when
reading this I thought of ImageFolio. It's a CGI script that
has wonderful categorizing, thumbnailing, and search
capabilities. If they want to sell them however, I don't
know if this script can do that..you might be able to
customise it though. You can find it at
http://www.imagefolio.com. I tried it once and I thought it
was great, the price is under 200 bucks US.

|Okay not bad. But maintaining it would be
|superhard, since they are constantly
|adding more and more images.

ImageFolio automatically recognizes new images I believe.

|$1800. Not too bad, right? Or is that too high/low?
|thinking I'd charge around $950

I don't know enough about php/mysql to give my opinion on
the first quote, but the second sounds like a pretty good
deal to me :)

HTH,
Gina