[thelist] How would you respond to this client

Jamie Madden jamie at bayou.com
Tue Jul 18 09:05:40 CDT 2000

Don't reply.  You said they wouldn't sign a contract so there is no
contractual obligation. So, drop them now.  Believe me it's only gonna get
worse if you keep this client.  If he hasn't paid you for the site but you
have done the work remove it from the server, put all of the files on a
disk, make a copy for your records and send the disk to them, explaining
that you don't think that it is in your or their best interest to continue
the professional relationship.  I've had to do this with a couple of
deadbeat clients.

This may not be the best way to handle it but it has saved me a lot of
frustration.  I'd like to hear what everyone else does about abusive
deadbeat clients.

jamie