[thelist] CFinsert,update,input=file

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Wed Jul 19 07:20:23 CDT 2000

Don't use CFINSERT or CFUPDATE.  In my opionion, never use CFINSERT or
CFUDATE, use CFQUERY and write the SQL yourself.  SQL is easy to learn, and
the flexibility of using CFQUERY far overrules any benefits of using
CFINSERT or CFUPDATE.

That said, if you want to upload a file and store the filename in the
database, use something like this:

<cffile action="UPLOAD" filefield="form.fieldname" destination="destination
path" nameconflict="ERROR">
<CFQUERY Name="INsertFile" Datasource="DSN">
INSERT into MyTable
(Filename)
VALUES
('#ServerFile#')