[thelist] IE 5.5 & CSS

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Jul 19 17:56:59 CDT 2000

I don't remember what your problem is.  But something strikes me
right off: somewhere I read to use "id" sparingly.

I don't use it at all when I'm just applying a style to text.
You can do all the same stuff with classes.

Another thing you are doing that seems odd is sticking markup <i>
into something that is already in a CSS declaration.

You have to remember that a lot of the point to CSS is the separating
presentation from content & not using markup to format text.  You
format your text in the style declaration & let the non CSS browsers
default according to your structural tags.

If you need this much control/formatting, you might consider just
giving in and using a graphic instead.  Just use "alt" text along
with it.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com