[thelist] Hiding the results of a GET form

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 22 07:38:29 CDT 2000

[snip]
> to get a password which
> needs to be passed, which means that it appears
> in the address bar
> (...&password=whatever).  I've put the page into
> a frameset (0,100%), but I
> don't think this is the most secure method.  I
> could use POST, but this
> would mean changing about 15 other pages, and
> messing around with the layout
> that has been passed down from the tptb, so I'd
> like to avoid that, if I can.

no, you're kinda stuck with this... instead of trying to
re-write all your pages, how about creating an intermediary
page?  if you have a script passing the info before you
request the password, write that info to a page in hidden
fields and ask for the password, the POST it to the next
page... perhaps on the next page you show the information to
the user and then let the user proceed using the GET
method...

i don't know if you *can* do this with your project, but at
least you'll be splitting the two pages up...