[thelist] When Do You Bill--Before or After Publication?

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Sat Jul 22 10:42:23 CDT 2000

Sometimes it depends on the client Aileen.  If I'm in doubt about
their prompt payment, I require up-front payment before I start and
final payment before the site is "live."  (It'll be ready, it just
won't be 'live' linked from the domain home.)  Otherwise, I bill
whenever I (a) have a decent amount for an invoice, (b) happen to
need money, or (c) it's the beginning of the month and all basic
server invoices go out.  It seldom hurts to require final payment
before the site goes live.  Even with good clients you tend to get
paid faster that way. :-)   FWIW. Palyne