[thelist] Are Web designers weird?

Tony K Bounds tbounds at gci.net
Sat Jul 22 11:45:47 CDT 2000

on 7/22/00 3:42 AM, David Nicholls at nicholls at u030.aone.net.au wrote:

> Erika Meyer wrote:
>>
>> Allow me to confirm your suspicion.
>> We are all weird.
>> Brilliant, but weird.
>
> There's evidence for this.  Web designers have quite a skewed
> Myers-Briggs personality type distribution compared to the general
> population.  A significant (3x normal levels) over-representation of
> INTP and INFP, and to a lesser extent, INTJ, ENTP and ISTP.  Types 2
> through 5 cluster around INTP (differing in each case by only one type
> category) which seems to be the core type for web designers/coders. (The
> poll and current results are at  http://thraxil.dhs.org/poll.html ).
>
> Yes, we are weird, and it's fun!  (Me? INTP, of course).

Interesting. I ended up ENTJ. Way down in the 3% range.
Erkkk...eeep...ooorpp!
\ \/ /| |   |_   _| Vital Life Technologies         T o n y  B o u n d s
 \  / | l___  | |   205 E. Dimond Blvd.,Suite 459   tbounds at vitalife.com
  \/  l____|  |_|   Anchorage, AK 99515             Ph:  907-349-7185
                                                    Fax: 907-522-1345
__Life Enhancing Products for the Mind and Body__________________________