[thelist] Are Web designers weird?

Rachell Coe rachell at coeville.com
Sat Jul 22 13:11:09 CDT 2000

Are Web Designers Weird?

I think that web designers, just like any other creative, have to be a
little weird to be good at what they do.  Otherwise, how can they break out
of the stifling norm to create?  Was Van Gogh weird?  How about
Picasso?  How about Lance Arthur?  Of course they were/are considered a
little weird -- but isn't that a good thing?  To visualize beauty and to
attempt to conceptualize feelings and emotions -- is that weird? You have
to ask yourself, who do we measure our standards of weirdness by?

Is it by the people who strive for that 9 to 5 job that cubby holes them
and stunts original thought?  Who live for their 2 weeks a year vacation,
and then look forward to retirement when they are too old and systemized to
enjoy it?

Personally, I think its weird not to want off of the ant hill and go beyond
our physical realm.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you!

Rachell Coe