[thelist] XHTML overrated (was: CSS, Netscape, .class oddity?)

James Spahr james at designframe.com
Mon Jul 24 06:51:17 CDT 2000

on 7/23/00 9:51 PM, aardvark at roselli at earthlink.net wrote:

>> for my arguments why XHTML is not (yet) important.
>
> now *this* i can agree with...  i've been debating on and
> off responding to some of the emails where i see people
> using XHTML in their code samples and asking "why?"... but
> i've refrained...

The only reason I can think of is, it would be really nice to be able to
pass your XHTML pages to an XML parser so you can alter the page via the DOM
- you know on the server, during development.

It would certainly make some site maintenance issues easier, and I'd be
interested in seeing a CMS that did this.

(and no, I'm not coding to XHTML)

James.