[thelist] Flash 5

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Mon Jul 24 19:29:37 CDT 2000

At 12:03 PM 7/24/0, Rachell Coe wrote:
>OK y'all.  About 20 minutes ago I finally broke down and bought a Flash 4
>book, only to find out from the Babble list that Macromedia has just
>released Flash 5.  I didn't think that Flash 4 was released all that long
>ago -- are we now looking at having to update our software (not to mention
>the plug-ins) every 6 to 8 months?

Rachel, we just announced Flash 6 this afternoon too. But if you can hold
out until after dinner, then..... ;-)

A public beta build of the Macromedia Flash 5 Player, for testing of
existing content, is now available at:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

(aw, shucks, .redstar. already beat me to it... is he really Rob Burgess in
disguise? ;-)

Each site does tend to migrate to new features at different speeds... the
June consumer audit by Media Metrix found that 75% of the public polled
could already see Flash 4 content, and I'd sorta expect the adoption rate
to be even quicker for the upcoming Macromedia Flash 5 Player.

jd