[thelist] [ot] evolters in chicago

Jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Jul 25 10:30:15 CDT 2000

hey all,

i'm going to be in the chicago area for almost 2 full days the first part of
august (the 3rd & the 7th).  i was wondering if there were any of you out
there in chicago that could give me any ideas about places to go, things to
see etc that are accessible from either midway airport (where i fly in) or
downtown chicago by foot or relatively cheap by cab.  if there's anybody
that would like to get together for lunch, dinner, drinks, etc. i'd love to
hear from you too.

************************

please contact me offlist about this to keep the offtopic noise on thelist
to a minimum.

************************

<tip type="cold fusion" author=".jeff">

need a random number?  use the RandRange() function.  it takes two
parameters.  the first is the starting number.  the second is the ending
number.  it'll pick something in between.

RandRange(1,100000000)

this will return a random number between 1 and 100,000,000 which, btw, is
the largest number you should consider using as the ending number for this
function (according to allaire documentation).

</tip>

<tip type="cold fusion" author=".jeff">

need to create a random, non-numeric identifier?  then use CreateUUID().
you'll get back something like this:

EC4A4026-6203-11D4-9DFA00105AE66D37

each character in the string above is a hexidecimal character (0-9 & a-f) so
you can imagine the randomness this produces.

</tip>

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden