[thelist] [ot] monitor help: which 17" or 19" and from who?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 13:12:37 CDT 2000

I've just got my hands on an LG Studioworks 570LS (15" diagonal viewing area
equiv. to a 17" CRT) as I'm designing an Intranet which will run on
workstations with these panels.

Oh Boy!

If you've not looked at your site with one of these, please try! - The
difference is incredible and you'll probably want to change your design
immediately.  Remember when you looked at a 35mm transparency compared to a
photo print - it's that sort of effect - translucent graphics, vibrant
colours and pixel sharp text.

Working with one is a joy - I have a bright home office and on sunny days I
can't work with my Sony Trinitron (an ok monitor btw) without squinting -
the Panel is reflection free and perfect on even the sunniest days!

As prices fall I guess LCD screens will see the end of CRT?

Given a choice I'd spend the extra cash for an LCD panel sooner rather than
later - a good 15" panel is only 50% more than a reasonable 19" monitor.

Go for it!

Only downside - max resolution 1024x768 :-(

Have fun

Tony