[thelist] Re: is web design dead?

Kevin B. O'Brien ahuka at ahuka.com
Tue Jul 25 15:44:56 CDT 2000

At 04:38 PM 7/25/2000 +0100, martin burns said something remarkably like
(but somehow subtly different from):
>I think he's wrong about the blue (It's been a *long* time since that's
>been a standard. Actually it's been a good while since I saw a commercial
>site using them at all), but the underlining's important. Unless of
>course, having an element of discovery is part of your intention.

That's been my experience as well. I have done some user testing, and for
most people underlined is the key. It doesn't matter what color, I have
seen people try to click on anything that is underlined.

Nielsen has given the results of his usability testing. While I may have
missed it, I have not yet heard anyone who objects to his conclusions cite
their user research. I hope they will do so, since such data is invaluable
to us all.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                TANSTAAFL
ahuka at ahuka.com
Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/
"Waldheimer's Disease? You grow old and forget you were a Nazi."
Jon Marans