[thelist] Web Standards Project and Mozilla duke it out...

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Tue Jul 25 22:39:52 CDT 2000

>instead of bashing it for the sake of bashing it.

oh, the negativity.

>its important to note that the WSP is, for the most part, not standard
>users.

not users, developers.  who want to build every web page once and
have it work on all browsers.

>also like to ask the question 'when did wsp become interested in market
>share?'

they are worried it will become a 1-browser market, if it isn't already.

>Do market share and standards complaince somehow correlate?

and if it's a 1-browser market, and the 1-browser is a Microsoft
browser, then Microsoft makes the standards.

this could be scary.

>I would like to ask that question, but who do I ask? This 'the wasp'
>which claims the pen for the article?

This, I think, is an excellent question.  There is quite the
discussion going on about these issues on the WaSP mailing list.

beyond that, I have multiple opinions/no opinion on the Mozilla piece.

And should you need me, you will find me in the browser patch,
waiting for the great Mozilla.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com