[thelist] Web Standards Project and Mozilla duke it out...

i isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 26 02:50:32 CDT 2000

> they are worried it will become a 1-browser market, if it isn't already.

And thus give Microsoft even less motivation to bring standards to their
browser.

Microsoft have done it for their Mac version of IE. But they're
struggling/unable to emulate this immediately on the Windows side due to:

	(a) the integration with the OS and everything else
	(b) their committment to their primary customers (huge corporations)

If they could bring compliance to the Windows version of IE, without causing
trouble to their major customers and their integration, they'd do it in a
second. I think that the Mac IE compliance proves that.

> and if it's a 1-browser market, and the 1-browser is a Microsoft
> browser, then Microsoft makes the standards.
>
> this could be scary.

Microsoft are already responsible for alot of the standards approved by WC3,
right?

Netscape brought us <blink>, so I'd rather have Microsoft making the standards.
;)