[thelist] Are Web designers a dying breed?

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Jul 26 08:28:04 CDT 2000

http://www.designmuseum.org/

>  > For a museum celebrating the best in product design, this is inexcusable.
>  >
>Somewhat surprising then that it won a D&AD award recently.

I don't know what D&AD awards are, but I noticed the site has those
nifty blue & green colors.
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/bluegreen/bluegreen_1.html

Here in Humboldt County, we gotta love the green.

Anyway, I wasn't too impressed with the designmuseum HTML site either
(no alt tags are a pet peeve of mine with such sites)--The flash site
served its purpose with me, being that: yes, I now want to visit this
museum.

We need designers/artists/whatever to push limits just as we need
usability experts to test and draw them.

One of the pages on the designmuseum site featured an iMac.  The iMac
was a nifty idea.  It did a lot of people a lot of good... but it has
its own usability issues...

Web designers have to seek their own level.
(or is it water that seeks its own level?)

I notice that this Friday's ALA is going to be about usability people
vs. design people.

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com