[thelist] Are Web designers a dying breed?

martin burns martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 26 08:49:26 CDT 2000

> > Somewhat surprising then that it won a D&AD award recently.
>
> not to me... other than the 5k awards, most design awards are still
> steeped in the print world or eye-candy... hell, even the A List Apart
> awards were all too happy to reward eye-candy over truly usable sites
> that satisfied the user's goals...

And D&AD is a bit of an old luvvie-fest anyway. There is absolutely no chance that the Design Museum's site would fail to win, even if it were a complete pile of poo.

And all the D&AD people are print & product designers - no-one with any amount of Web experience. I'll put 50p on them evaluating it from a board.

Cheers
Martin