[thelist] Mac runtime for java update?

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Wed Jul 26 09:50:32 CDT 2000

Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:33:13 +1000
Subject: Mac runtime for java update?
From: Kate A Farrow <kafarrow at macconnect.net.au>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>

I run a mac G3 power book, I want to access my bank's web site
www.national.com.au/banking/
but it is built for PC. They say (and have been saying for over 18
months)
that

National Internet Banking will not run on the current versions of
Macintosh
Runtime for Java=81 (MRJ 2.14)=A0in=A0available browsers from either
Microsoft or
Netscape. We expect the next releases of Macintosh Runtime for Java=81
and
Microsoft's Internet Explorer for Macintosh will provide support for
Internet Banking=A0 to operate as required by the National.

Is this release out yet or should I just change banks?
Thanks

-end-