[thelist] Tipping my hat

Greg Strange gstrange at e-tsi.com
Thu Jul 27 19:26:16 CDT 2000

For all the great info I've gotten and haven't given a good set of tips yet.
May I start with this one?

<tip="Touching up in Illustrator">

This is only mid-level but ever since I found out about this technique I use
it at least once a week.

Ever had a picture that you wanted to add some wording to and you wanted to
easily contour the text to a shape that you can't quite get from the shape
palette?

Do this:
Using whatever font you choose to type with.  Convert to outlines and then
drag the outlines to your brush palette.  When the dialog box pops up click
on New Art Brush.  Make different changes with colourisation to your liking.
Then choose your brush tool and follow the contour that you want to the text
to follow.  Works wonders!

</tip>
--
"Sometimes it's hard to believe that I am paid to
convince people to sit in a dark room for two hours and pay for it."